At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done.
We will be judged by “I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in.”
– Mother Theresa
I come from a long tradition of family of healers and remember to this day the trips to the mountains to collect herbs with my grandfather or learning esoteric healing techniques with my mother. My childhood world was the world of magic in which everything was possible. Being a sickly child, my mother tried everything from traditional to alternative medicine to cure me and this is when yoga came into my life through rudimentary basic set of exercises that I started doing religiously in trying to make myself better. The magical world collapsed, when my country (U.S.S.R) ceased to exist and I landed on the British Isles to study dry and cold subjects of Finance and Economics. The flames were only kept alive through the practice of yoga. I have been blessed many times through meeting wonderful teachers along my path and every time their guiding light showed the way.
I count my blessing for meeting Mohini Chatlani with her unconventional approach to yoga and free spirit that led me through conviction that I want to teach yoga. With her encouragement I completed my BWY foundation course with Tara Fraser and teacher training with late Sara Macintosh. Those were the wild times coupled with the birth of my first child whilst climbing up along the career ladder in financial services. The turning point was the meeting of my main yoga teacher, Sylviane Gianina, where I knew from the start that I was in the right place at the right time. This connection stays with me to this day with unending devotion and inspiration.
The birth of my first child also inspired me to look in the way women and society approach birth and my strong desire was born to find a better way. I completed my Birthlight training to teach ante and postnatal yoga meeting along the way truly inspiring wise women Francoise Freedman and later Uma Dinsmore-Tuli. I have completed my doula training with Dr Michel Odent and since then helped many women to welcome babies into this world including my second child, who was born at home with the most wonderful experience.
Studying meditation with Ram Chatlani led to a meeting with Burgs and attendance of his regular silent retreats started to slowly transform my life in urge to make it simpler and less stressful. My annual pilgrimage into silence helps me to restore balance and go further and deeper in myself with the hope that one day I can reach the point of freedom.
I continued to work in high pressure environment in Financial services taking on more and more leadership responsibilities whilst teaching yoga to adults and children in many settings when realisation came that I wanted to only focus on teaching on one to one basis. To support this I completed my Yoga Therapy Diploma with Yoga Campus and finally in 2017 I embarked on my new non-incumbent path as yoga therapist and doula.
• Yoga Therapy
• Doula and Pregnancy Yoga including birth preparation and labour support
• Meditation and Mindfulness
• Female health (including fertility, pregnancy, postpartum, menopause)
• Yoga Nidra and Relaxation
• Yoga for adults and children (group and 1-2-1 sessions)
• Yoga retreats
Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Female Health
• British Wheel of Yoga Teaching Diploma (500+ hours, incl TP and FCT) (2004-2006, 2007, 2012)
• Special Yoga Center Children Yoga Teacher Training (2009)
• Prana Vinyasa Intensives with Shiva Rea (150 hours, 2008-2016)
• Yoga Therapy Diploma (550+ hours, 2014-2016)
• Well Woman Intensive (2015)
• Total Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (2016-2017)
• Birthlight Well Woman Yoga Diploma (2018-present)
Doula and Childbirth
• Birthlight Teaching Diploma (200 hours, ante and post natal yoga) (2007-2008)
• Paramana Doula Course (2011)
• Advanced Doula Training – Red Tent (2019)
• KGHypnobirthing – RMC accredited (2019)
• Aromatherapy in Childbirth – RMC accredited (2019)
Meditation and Mindfulness
• Integrating Mindfulness and Compassion in Professional Practice (200 hours, 2016-2017)
• MBSR Conversion Course (2018-present)
Other Holistic Practices
• Ayurvedic Head and Body Massage Therapy (2010)
• Closing the Bones Postpartum Ceremony (2018)
• Training with Angelina Martinez (Honouring Women’s Life cycles and Foundation Rebozo Training including “la cerrada” closing ceremony (2019))
• Classical hatha yoga – Sivananda (1992-1998)
• Iyengar Yoga (1999-2004)
• Dynamic yogaflow (1999-2004)
• Bihar School of Yoga/Satyananda (2003-04)
• Viniyoga/Association for Yoga studies (aYs) (2004 – present)
• Vinyasa pranaflow (2008 – present)
• Yoga for pregnancy and postanatal with Birthlight method (2007 – present)
• Meditation with Burgs (2008 – present)
• Mindfulness with MindfulnessUK (2016 – present)
• First Aid at Work Qualification with St John’s Ambulance
• Full Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
• Enhanced DBS