Forthcoming Events and Booking
You are born with potential, you were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams, You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t . You have wings, learn to use them and fly.
Yoga retreats are normally run twice a year in English countryside or abroad. Retreats are open to all levels of practitioners, but some previous experience of dynamic vinyasa will be beneficial. Typically retreats are held in small group settings (12-14 participants) so booking early is essential.
Typical three day retreat schedule:
Day 1 – arrival in the evening in time for settling and dinner with one hour of restorative yoga session;
Day 2 – the day usually includes one full two-three hour dynamic vinyasa yoga session, a morning meditation, an afternoon group yoga session tailored to retreat topic and a restorative yoga nidra in the evening;
Day 3 – similar to day 2 but without evening session.
Forthcoming yoga retreats (all retreats were cancelled in 2020-2022 due to COVID-19):
next retreat will be planned for autumn 2023, details will be announced here.
Please click on below to read details for sample of previous retreats.
“I went to Vera’s classes for a number of years and also attended her retreats. She tailored the practice to the needs of the group, I found the practice really helped me to engage with my body and quieten my mind. I always felt that I was benefitting immensely from the classes and retreats and it helped me to not just cope but also thrive in a stressful environment – both from a physical and mental perspective.“
“I have been on four of Vera’s yoga retreats and also attended her lessons in the City. I have enjoyed both enormously. The retreats are in interesting places, with small groups which allows for Vera to keep a watchful eye on each person. The weekend practice is well-constructed ending the day with yoga nidra after which everyone goes to sleep! I am looking forward to the next retreat….. “
Booking & Prices
- Yoga Therapy
- Online Group Classes
- Doula Services
- BA 3Step Rewind
- Yoga Retreats
- Children Yoga
- Group & Corporate Clients
- Mizan and Bach Flower Therapy
- Meditation and Mindfulness
Yoga Therapy: current offering is based on face-to-face meeting at clinic in Earlsfield or online
– Initial intake and assessment including 30 minutes phone discussion of therapy goals and current medical history, followed by 90 minute in-person/online therapy session – £150
– Depending on the assessment outcomes one of the following programmes will be offered – 5 sessions over four month period (£750) or 10 sessions over eight month period (£1,500) with sessions taking place at two-three week intervals. Each session is 90 minute in duration and includes online support between the sessions and fully written yoga therapy programme. The in-person sessions may include in addition to yoga the use of Mizan Therapy/massage techniques/3Step Rewind and Bach Flower therapy when appropriate.
– Additional follow up one hour sessions are available at £75
Booking is by private appointment only. Please contact me via email to agree the time, location and pay for the session to confirm the appointment and complete the health information form (for the first appointment).
COVID-19 Protocols (for in-person appointments) – the following will be required:
– completion and signing of a declaration related to COVID-19 symptoms
– sanitising of the hands when entering the studio/clinic or using bathroom
– bringing your own yoga mat and relevant props (like eye mask)
Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible as there is no waiting room facility
Yoga Therapy Clinic Timetable:
– Private Studio in Earlsfield/online: Tuesdays and Thursdays (10 -18), occasional Saturdays
Yoga Therapy Health Information Form
Online group classes: if you are interested to attend, please send me an email and I will send you joining instructions. All classes are held via ZOOM platform and the link to the class will be sent to you with confirmation of the place. Payments are done for blocks of classes, drop-ins are £12 per session.
Monday (all about women’s health at different stages of their lives):
– 10.00-11.00 – Well-woman yoga (Birthlight and Womb yoga-based method): directed at women who wish to do a general yoga practice in a women only class and with a focus on reproductive female health and well-being. Yoga asanas are taught with breath awareness, with the aim of creating suppleness and strength from inside out, stimulating the whole neuro-endocrine system. (This class is taught in block of six weeks, the next opening is in September 2023).
– 11.00-12.00 – Postpartum recovery yoga (Birthlight-based method): the class supports women with yoga practices especially tailored to the needs of the postpartum body to recover after pregnancy and birth and regain postural and hormonal balance.
– 16.00-17.00 – Fertility yoga (Birthlight-based method): for women who are planning to conceive, those undergoing fertility treatments or IVF and also for women who have just conceived (0-14 weeks of pregnancy). Yoga practice is applied to a natural stimulation of ovarian function and to womb ecology, the creation of an optimal womb environment.
– 17.15-18.30 – Pregnancy yoga (Birthlight-based method): friendly and supportive sessions will help you to enjoy more comfort during your pregnancy and connect with your growing baby. They will also assist in preparing for labour and recovery once your baby is born. Suitable for women from 14 weeks of pregnancy.
– 19.30-20.45 – Dynamic Vinyasa: flowing movement practice led by linking breath with movement inspired through my studies with Sylviane Gianina, Shiva Rea and Mohini Chatlani
Sunday (3rd Sunday of the month):
– 20.00-21.00 – Restorative yoga (Judith Lasater-based practice): helps to provide that physical and mental balance to prevent stress and anxiety, through the use of props that allow you to hold poses longer, giving you all the benefits of deep, passive stretching.
– 10.00-11.15 – IAIMs Baby massage course (next five weeks block starts on 19 May 2023 – FULLY BOOKED, next session starts in July 2023, please register interest): IAIMs Baby massage course is based on traditional parenting practice in the East, where generations of mothers have offered this nurturing touch to their babies. It provides a loving connection between parent and baby starting early in life, supporting the strengthening of this attachment as baby grows. Whilst the five week course is drawing on Indian and Swedish massage traditions, yoga and reflexology, the focus is to establish and hone the connection between the parent and the baby that will last a life time.
Birth Doula Services
Foundation birth package – £2,400 (from 01.01.23) investment includes:
– preparation for labour and birth through a number of antenatal meetings covering the most up-to-date birth theories, anatomy of birth, factors influencing labour, tools for holistic practical support for labour and birth culminating in detailed birth preference preparation that will be shared with health care professionals
– preparation for the postpartum period from breastfeeding to nutrition and taking care of the baby and mum during the first 40 days post birth, this period will also be supported with one-two in-person postnatal visits at your home and 30 day online/telephone support where I apply my expertise as breastfeeding counsellor, yoga therapist, infant massage practitioner and bodyworker (Mizan and Ayurvedic massage practitioner and Bach Flower remedies therapist) as appropriate to structure your unique recovery programme
– one pregnancy massage during the antenatal visit to aid relaxation in the last trimester of pregnancy
– weekly yoga for pregnancy classes to aid theoretical preparation where we cover all practical aspects of labour aids from breathing and active positioning to relaxation and hypnosis practices
– block of postpartum yoga classes to support recovery of pelvic floor and building up strength
– structured HypnoBirthing programme to support mental birth preparation that is tailored to your needs and cover practical application of hypnosis and mindfulness techniques during last stages of pregnancy, labour and birth
– full support during labour and birth with four week on call period and regular scheduled catch ups in the run up to the due date
Ultimate birth package – £2,800 (from 01.01.23) investment includes:
– foundation birth package as per above
– postpartum closing ceremony
– choice of private yoga therapy session (pregnancy or postpartum) or postpartum full body massage
– Send me an email to have the initial online meeting (15-20 minutes, free of charge) where we discuss your requirements and I explain how I can support you.
– Book face-to-face antenatal consultation (90minutes) chargeable at £150 – to cover any questions you may have about pregnancy, birth and postpartum including review of birth preferences. (The cost of this consultation is offset against foundation birth doula package if birth doula support package is booked).
– After the engagement is confirmed, please complete the doula information form and pay the non-refundable deposit of £500.
– I will send you the letter of agreement to formally outline the boundaries of the services.
– Payment plan (up to four weeks prior to being on call) is available on all the packages, please enquire.
– Please note that I currently only take one/two birth clients per month so booking early is essential.
Other key programmes that are offered alongside Birth Doula Support (to book, please send me an email)
1. HypnoBirthing (signature online programme – £300):
– private sessions to allow individualised approach (single or couples)
– take place over four weeks to allow assimilation of learning and embedding of the practices
– based on years of practical experience with techniques in varied labour settings (from home birth to induction and c-section)
– a number of hypnobirthing approaches are explored (Katherine Graves, Sophie Fletcher, Marie Mongan, Maggie Howell and Anastasya Ivanova) with greater focus on using the hypnosis/trance state as a way of coping with labour process and release of fear and cultural conditioning
– mindfulness practices and mindful birthing techniques (Nancy Bardacke)
– audio recordings of the key scripts as well as individualised script preparation
– e-manual to support the learning through the course
2. Postpartum Doula Services – £800 investment includes:
– signature three week programme of support on a sliding scale
– ideally taking place in the first 40 days after birth, when this support is invaluable, especially for first time parents
– offered to postpartum mothers, who live within 3-4 miles radius from SW18
– structured around my core skills as yoga therapist for postpartum recovery, breastfeeding counsellor, infant massage instructor and postpartum massage practitioner.
– primary focus is to ensure that: breastfeeding/feeding is established and working; appropriate support is provided to the mother (primarily through postpartum massage and supporting rest periods but also in my capacity as yoga therapist); look after the baby to provide rest period for the mother as well as provision of support and advice on looking after the baby including first bath, looking after belly button, etc; dealing with all the questions (and signposting when appropriate) related to the baby and mother’s comfort during this time via appropriate online support
3. Postpartum birth closing ceremony – £400 investment includes:
– room preparation
– therapeutic discussion of the emotions and feelings associated with your birth and setting of the ceremony goal (this includes 30 minutes discussion prior to the day of the ceremony via the phone)
– herbal mandala preparation for the bath
– preparation of restoring drink or cacao (depending on requirements)
– relaxing rebozo massage of the whole body
– ceremonial bath with herbs
– deep and nourishing sacral-abdominal/full body massage with essential oil blend
– “la cerrada or closing the bones” wrapping ceremony supported by yoga nidra and energy work
Doula Services Information Form
Breastfeeding Consultations – can be done online or home visits (in South West London)
– Initial phone discussion – first 15 minutes are free
– Formal intake (£75) – one hour session that covers birth history, breastfeeding journey so far, detailed discussion of the problem.
– Online consultation follow up (£75) – one hour session that includes detailed discussion of the problem and support for ten days after via email and text.
– Home visit follow up (minimum charge is £150). This will include home visit and then online support for ten days after the visit. During home visit we will look at the attachment and effectiveness of the feed and then discuss any specific issues that you may have.
The 3 Step Rewind Method is a gentle and safe way of working with mothers and their partners to lift the heavy feelings and symptoms that can arise and remain after a difficult or traumatic birth, postpartum or breastfeeding experience, or any other perinatal trauma.
The process consists of three meetings where I explain how the process works, we practice guided relaxation that will then be available as a recording, we talk about feelings associated with the trauma. During the second session we will go through the rewind process and during the final session we walk through the future steps.
Charges for the set of 3 sessions is £225 online or in person at my studio in Earlsfield.
– final costs vary depending on number of days and location, non-refundable deposit is £150
– deposit to be paid up to three months prior to the start date, after that full retreat costs are due.
Book your place through completion of the information form and confirm your place by paying the deposit.
Please note that retreat bookings are non-refundable if you decide to cancel less than three months before retreat date. Your deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. However you can transfer your place to another person subject to confimation with the teacher.
Retreat Information Form
I no longer offer group children classes but prefer to work with families on specific issues in private setting and in theraputic context only.
I no longer offer in person group classes.
Mizan Massage Therapy (both antenatally, postnatally and simply for women)
– Initial intake session £150 (90 minutes treatment including consultation and 30 minutes phone/online discussion prior to treatment)
– 3 or 6 month programme of treatments with monthly in-person meeting and support between the sessions (£350/£700 respectively)
Bach Flower Therapy
– Initial intake session (£120, online) – includes detailed discussion on symptoms, initial drop preparation and support offline
– Therapy programme (£650, online) – treatment over six month period with regular online meetings on a sliding scale through the programme (nine meetings in total), drop preparation, postage and support between the sessions.
– Additional follow up meetings – £75 per session including postage and drop preparation
I offer Auyrvedic massage treatments and rebozo massages as part of my doula services programmes and not as standalone sessions.
Corporate, group and individual classes can be arranged by agreement (including 8 week MBSR courses).
Free meditation sessions are held on Mondays and Thursdays at 21.00 (register your interest via email).
Please pay for your lessons, retreats, doula services or therapy sessions here. All bookings for the sessions are subject to 72 hour (3 days) cancellation policy. Retreats and doula services are covered by separate T&Cs.
You can pay via credit/debit card or via your PayPal account. You can also make the payment via Direct Bank transfer (details can be supplied separately). Click Buy Now and then enter the amount to pay: